At IntriPlex, our employees are our most valuable appreciating assets. We understand that the success of our business today and tomorrow rests squarely with our people. We do our very best to attract, develop, and retain outstanding human resources. The result is a culture of precision that is developed and nurtured at our core.
The IntriPlex Approach
Our 30+ years of success comes from hiring the right person the first time. We remain committed to finding and retaining leaders and team members who have both the desire and talent to live and breathe the “exactness” that resonates in our team. Our employees are fully engaged in improving our products and processes, and the mission is clear—we are dedicated to bringing innovative and enabling precision component solutions to our customers so that their products can meet and exceed the expectations of their customers. We remain diligent in our commitment to superior world-class quality and customer service. We want everything that we do and every point of contact to reflect that.
An Atmosphere of Respect
IntriPlex fosters a professional yet “family style” work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. Our people genuinely care about the well-being of our customers and of one another.
Creativity in Diversity
IntriPlex is very proud of the diversity in our organization. This diversity in the background, experience, and culture of our people provides multiple viewpoints that foster creativity and facilitate new and ground-breaking solutions for our customers.
A Spirit of Continuous Improvement and Innovation
Solving complex problems with innovation, manufacturing expertise, and technology is an integral part of the IntriPlex culture.
HOW DOES A NEW JOB SOUND?
At IntriPlex, we approach our work with the same integrity and passion as we do each product we create. We believe that our success is made by our dedicated team who believes in our mission to deliver the highest quality service and product. We want our employees to have fulfilling careers driven by curiosity and commitment. If you value innovation and thrive in a discovery-driven environment, we would love to hear from you.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and many other benefits are offered to each teammate.
Job Title: Planner/Buyer II Associate
Department: Quality Assurance & Purchasing
Report To: Planning / Buyer II
Prepared Date: March 2020
The Planner/Buyer II will be responsible for purchasing materials, parts, equipment, supplies, and services in a timely manner to support the smooth operations of the manufacturing/research facility. This individual will coordinate and expedite the flow of materials, parts and assemblies between sections or departments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Negotiates materials, equipment and supplies from vendors.
- Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- Search for and identify new vendors when required.
- Using SAP, generates purchase orders in a timely manner based upon approved requisitions and sends copy to supplier and department originating request. Well documented follow-up with interested parties is a must.
- Compiles records of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries and inventories.
- Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries and delivery re-schedules.
- Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates and awards contract to bidders or places orders with suppliers.
- Maintains and updates purchasing procedures as needed.
- Track material orders to identify overdue materials and expedite when needed as well as notifying internal team of status.
- Process receipt of raw material in SAP. Post and print with actual day received.
- Assemble Bill of Lading, packing slip, receiving report print out, and marked material Certification (C of C) for distribution and filing.
- Assigns stocking location and stocks inventory of raw material in warehouse by location. Plans and assigns material to production departments to meet production schedules. Arranges in-plant transfer of materials to appropriate location in production.
- Reviews production schedules and related information and confers with department manager to determine production builds and material requirements to support customer requirements.
- Using SAP, Compiles and maintains records, with updates for daily production output, raw material inventory, in process production reports (WIP), and Finished goods inventory status and location of materials in production areas.
- Moves material in SAP and physically transports WIP inventory as necessary from one department to another. Operate various forklift types for material receipts and stocking. Monitors and controls movement of material and parts in SAP system.
- Three to five years experience with SAP for purchasing, receiving, and planning a must.
- High school diploma or GED Certification; or equivalent work related experience.
- Proficiency in computer software applications such as Microsoft Office.
- International shipping experience a plus
- Forklift certification a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Has strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to multitask under pressure
Click here to apply for this position.
Job Title: Business Development Director
Department: Sales & Marketing
Report To: Sr. Director of Sales and Product Engineering
Prepared Date: March 2020
The Business Development Director will be responsible for identifying, developing, and nurturing compelling business expansion opportunities that leverage the Company’s core competencies and unique capabilities. This will include development of new sales opportunities from prospective customers within markets currently being served and/or pursued by the Company, as well as expansion into new markets that fit pre-established strategic criteria. This role will also be responsible for leadership of marketing efforts needed to support business expansion objectives, including website, search engines, and networking tools. Position will be based in Santa Barbara California with occasional domestic and international travel.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As follows. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify prospective customers within industries currently served for proliferation of existing products, primary focus will be Automotive EV battery cell components
- Plan, organize, and execute marketing activities and specific penetration strategies to secure business from new customers in currently identified markets
- Provide strategic high-level perspective of new customers and markets, including research of market segments to identify growth trends and expansion opportunities
- Identify, analyze, and specifically recommend compelling product opportunities for expansion into new markets
- Locate, engage, and secure new customers in new industries by understanding and articulating the value proposition of IntriPlex products from the customer’s perspective
- Communicate to internal executive management on potential opportunities, key contract provisions, deliverables, budgets, timelines, and other helpful information such as customer personalities and/or company politics
- Generate and maintain a budget / forecast for new business revenue by customer and product line
- Assess the need for hiring industry experts to achieve specific objectives and present cost benefit analyses to executive management for consideration
- Provide and distribute Business Development reports and statistics internally, and maintain a detailed executive-level summary of Business Development activities
- Advise management of proposed association, tradeshow, or industry event participation
- Manage marketing materials such as: website, press releases, media articles, whitepapers, association contributions, and industry awards
- Interface closely with Sales team and other internal departments to achieve objectives
- Marketing personnel in Santa Barbara (currently 1 individual)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have management-level Sales, Marketing, and customer engagement experience – preferably in the Automotive EV industry.
- Education: Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA preferred.
- Experience: Must have a minimum of 10-years’ experience in a Sales, Marketing, or Business Development role.
- The strongest candidates will have Automotive EV experience, a detailed understanding of the EV component market, and a thorough network of industry contacts
- Must have experience in quantifiable market analysis, including market-sizing and trends, identification of potentially disruptive technologies, and competitive analysis
- Must have very strong marketing skills in the areas of lead generation, digital marketing, and program development
- Experience working with business-to-business customers and translating requirements to support print, digital, and social media platforms
- Previous customer service experience in a manufacturing industry preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Computer Skills: Must have excellent proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Language: Must have strong English communications skills, both verbal and written. Multiple languages a plus.
- Business & Technical Communication Skills: Must communicate effectively and be able to understand key business functions and effectively interface with commercial, operational, and technical personnel, both internally and externally. Must have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Highly creative results-oriented team player mentality. Ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives. Ability to analyze and solve problems. Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to travel occasionally.
- Work Environment: Moderate noise with use of typical computers and printers, light traffic. Adjacent work areas are subject to loud noise and may require occasional exposure to the manufacturing areas where certain areas may require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
- Travel: Individual must be able to travel up to 30% of the time, both domestically and internationally. International experience is highly preferred.
For the most part temperatures are ambient, lighting and traditional office equipment to be found. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click here to apply for this position.