At IntriPlex, our employees are our most valuable appreciating assets. We understand that the success of our business today and tomorrow rests squarely with our people. We do our very best to attract, develop, and retain outstanding human resources. The result is a culture of precision that is developed and nurtured at our core.
The IntriPlex Approach
Our 30+ years of success comes from hiring the right person the first time. We remain committed to finding and retaining leaders and team members who have both the desire and talent to live and breathe the “exactness” that resonates in our team. Our employees are fully engaged in improving our products and processes, and the mission is clear—we are dedicated to bringing innovative and enabling precision component solutions to our customers so that their products can meet and exceed the expectations of their customers. We remain diligent in our commitment to superior world-class quality and customer service. We want everything that we do and every point of contact to reflect that.
An Atmosphere of Respect
IntriPlex fosters a professional yet “family style” work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. Our people genuinely care about the well-being of our customers and of one another.
Creativity in Diversity
IntriPlex is very proud of the diversity in our organization. This diversity in the background, experience, and culture of our people provides multiple viewpoints that foster creativity and facilitate new and ground-breaking solutions for our customers.
A Spirit of Continuous Improvement and Innovation
Solving complex problems with innovation, manufacturing expertise, and technology is an integral part of the IntriPlex culture.
HOW DOES A NEW JOB SOUND?
At IntriPlex, we approach our work with the same integrity and passion as we do each product we create. We believe that our success is made by our dedicated team who believes in our mission to deliver the highest quality service and product. We want our employees to have fulfilling careers driven by curiosity and commitment. If you value innovation and thrive in a discovery-driven environment, we would love to hear from you.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and many other benefits are offered to each teammate.
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Report To: Director of Operations & Quality
Prepared Date: July 2019
The Quality Engineer is responsible for incoming material, in-process and outgoing product quality inspection, gages and systems, as well as customer quality communication for IntriPlex US products. This individual is an important member of the IntriPlex team with strong communication skills, solid quality engineering fundamentals and a proactive and innovative approach to help IntriPlex win new business and execute well during production.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Windows-based PC applications (MS Office), Excel VBA programming, etc.
- SPC methods and data analyses using Excel or software such as MiniTab. DOE and Six Sigma experience preferred.
- SPC data management systems and programming, Infinity QS preferred.
- Vision-based CMM programming, Nikon preferred.
- GD&T and ANSIY14.5 drawing interpretation.
- Precision contact measurement tool specification, selection and use.
- Gage capability analyses.
- Visual inspection methods and standards.
- Supervision and training of employees.
- General safety, Lock-Out/Tag-Out and Haz-Mat experience preferred.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinates the activities of visual, dimensional, mechanical, environmental and chemical inspection and test functions relating to source, first article, receiving, in-process, final and test operations using company or customer supplied specifications, drawings, equipment and/or procedures. Activities are detail and document oriented. The position is a key part of a close working quality group that supports the operations of the company. The general responsibilities of the position include:
- Provide engineering support to quality systems throughout the company, specifically in the inspection areas. Provide documentation and training to inspection areas as needed.
- Write all in-process and final inspection procedures.
- Responsible for selection of gauging used and the programming of Nikon CMM vision systems to verify the quality of stamped components.
- Participate in and manage various quality system functions. Maintain specific portions of the quality system through documentation and training.
- Oversee the inspection activities and seek out improvements to methods and systems to improve product quality or productivity.
- Participate in performance evaluations of final inspectors as part of the annual review process.
- Interact directly with external customers to address all aspects of IPT quality. Set quality goals for specific products or customers and perform actions to meet those goals.
- Responsible for data package output, as required, to customer shipments.
- Respond to customer inquiries and complaints. Use and maintain SCAR system.
- Manage the calibration of all metrology equipment.
- Perform and coordinate metrology correlations and improvement activities both internally and with customers.
- Travel when required to support external customer and/or vendor issues. (i.e. correlation exercises).
- Develop and maintain an incoming material inspection system. Provide detailed documentation for the system, training of inspector(s) and reporting of incoming inspection system data.
- Manage Discrepant Material (DMR) and Vendor Corrective Action (VCAR) system. Work directly with supplier and manufacturing to assure optimum material quality is supplied to manufacturing.
- Develop suppliers’ capabilities and new suppliers as needed to support production requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- BS in Engineering or equivalent degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Six (6) years of manufacturing experience with at least three (3) in Quality Assurance related activities.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred.
- Experience with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and IATF 16949 a plus.
Click here to apply for this position.